Sunday, February 28, 2010

2 25 ELEPHANTS

We got to see many elephants really close up.

Elephants5

The matriarch of these elephants thought we were too close to the babies.  So she let us know.

elephant1 (4)

elephant1 (2)

elephant1 (1)

At about this point we were all yelling “Graham, don’t you think we should get out of her way?”

He kept saying, “No, it’s alright.  She’s OK.”

elephant1 (5)

Right about here, he backed us up.  She followed a little, then she backed off.  I know, I was uncomfortable.

elephant1 (11)

She let us follow after the herd as long as we didn’t get too close.  And after that encounter, we didn’t get too close.

Here 2 babies, yes the larger one is still a baby, are playing.  It was so cute.  I wish I could figure out how to post movies.  The only way I have found would take us 2 days and lots of air time, which is very expensive.  If anyone knows how to post directly, without going through a website, please let me know.  Thanks.

   elephant1 (3) 

We followed them to the water hole.  Boy, did they have fun.

elephants2

     elephant1 (9)

I told you they were babies.

elephant1 (10)

1 comment:

Unknown said...

You might be able to compress the movie down to a tiny size. (a couple mb?) depending on your video editing program. I am only really familiar with Mac, where iMovie gives you the option of compressing a movie down to a size that can even be emailed. The quality goes way down, but it can compress several hundred mb down into a couple megs. But it would still be okay for watching Simba eat Puumba.

David Supfr