Saturday, February 6, 2010

2/5 NO PICTURES, SEA DAY

We are at sea, heading for Buenos Aires.  I am adding a blog for today, since we have encountered something new.

The day started out as usual.  We went our separate ways, enjoying our endeavors.

Around 4PM, I returned from Argentine Tango lessons (lead by the dancers from last night’s show…that was the real reason I went).  Duane was finishing his afternoon nap.  I looked outside our door and….the world was gone.  Nothing but grey.  Sometimes when you look quickly things get mixed up.  The sky and the sea blend together.  Looking closer, that was not the case.

We are in a HUGE fog bank.  Our ship is blowing it’s fog horn every couple of minutes.  It is now around 6:30, and there is still nothing out there.  If I look straight down to the sea, I can see some sea, but only a few yards out.

Will update.

3 comments:

redouglas said...

Hi, it's fun following where you are and what you're doing! Brings back good memories from a year ago, although I have to admit the days at sea did get long. And I never did learn much about playing Bridge, much to Bill, Les, and Ed's dismay! Where is your next Port of call after BA? Have a great time. LYL, Eileen

Anonymous said...

What out for icebergs! (doesn't make much sense unless you know this goes with the heavy fog blog)

Deb

Unknown said...

Remember,
When the seas get choppy and you start feeling queasy...DO NOT think about:

1) Warm Cottage Cheese

2) The slimy membrane under the skin of fried chicken

3) Pork Juice

Thinking about those things will just make you barf.

Hope that Helps.

Best,
Dave Buhkbitt

p.s. apparently my last name is onomatopoeia for a vomiting kind of sound. (chunky style, not smooth)...don't think about that either.