Monday, March 29, 2010

WE ARE STILL HERE AND WELL

Hi out there,

Happy Channukah !!!   We go to a sedar tomorrow night.  Should be interesting.  Let you know about it later.

We have been having some computer problems and some stormy (OK not stormy but rocky) weather.  So, I am behind on our blogging. 

We do have pictures of Halong Bay, Vietnam.  And, I realized, we still haven't posted Saigon, or Ho Chi Min City and Vung Tau, Vietnam either.  Now we are in Hong Kong.  We were here before.  The most interesting thing we found last time was the  light show the city puts on every night at 8.  Actually, last time we though the show was for us.  We had been to Kagoshima, Japan a couple of days before we arrived here, and in Kagoshima they did give us a special greeting and a great drum show.  So, we expected nothing less from Hong Kong.  We thought we got it. 

Actually we may have.  Last night's show was less than inspiring.  Maybe the financial crisis has hit here, too.

Anyway, Hong Kong is a huge city with tons of high end stores.  I saw 2 Tiffany stores within a 4 block area.  This is not the kind of shopping I wanted to do.  So, I didn't.

Instead, since there is free internet access in the shopping mall you enter immediately upon exiting the ship, I have been researching our problem.  And seeing if the prices for new small computers is better here than at home.  Well, the prices here for the same items is higher.  So, never mind.   I am going to try to nurse the computer until we get home.  Wish me luck.  Duane is letting me handle things.  Thanks lots.

So, we are well.  We are going to Shanghai next.  We have been there twice before.  They are having a huge expo there starting May 1.  I have heard that they have made many changes to the old town area in anticipation of the expo.  I hope they still have the bargains they had before.  It seems the places we have revisited have not had as many good bargains as I remember from 2 years ago.

Well, while I still have enough power on the computer to power down I will say bye for now.

Love to all.  Be well and happy.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi,

Please check you gmail for news about your mail mail.

Love ya,

Deb